20 February 2011

Love Byte # 20 - My Sister , My Friend !!

"Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there."

I love that quote , more so now coz over the years of growing up , the years of fighting over nothing and yet everything ,the years of competing with each other ..you come to realize that a sister really is there to stay and no matter what you do , where you go in life or how old you get ..she's someone who grows closer as the years go by ..

For me , my sisters were always my sisters but now they are my best friends, my ally's , my support , my encouragement ,my critics and the reason for some of the best times I've had ..

Here's a poem I found on the net and that aptly sums up my sentiments ..

Three Sister's
by Francis I. Gillespie

We are three sisters
Three sisters are we
I love each of you,
And I know you love me

We’re not always together,
Life sometimes keeps us apart.
But we're never separated
We’re in each other's heart.

Now I know we've had our troubles,
But we always get thru.
The real message is you love me,
And I also love you.

We have had lots of good times
That we'll never forget
Sometimes we worry
And sometimes we fret

But if God ever gave me
Something special you see,
It might have been the blessing of,
Three sisters are we.

The Lord above has gave me lots
Of happiness and glee
But the most special thing he did was
Make us sisters, all three.

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful poem! I only have 1 sister but we love each other dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where we would be without sisters! I've always felt great sadness for those who don't have one. My sisters are my best friends, my confidants, my therapists and the only people I trust. I don't know where I'd be without them. The poem expresses this sentiment to a tee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Claudia ..Thanks dear :))

    @ Bella ..Thanks so much and I know ..Love them or hate them but can't live without them ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message ..You've just made my day ..you've just made me smile :) :)

Follow Us @soratemplates