17 February 2011

# Love # Love Bytes

Love Byte #17 – "What is love?" A Guest Post by E from Whining at the World

Hello people. I’m E. and I’m doing my FIRST EVER guest post over here today!!! You can see I’m excited about this. I am honoured to be invited to guest blog. In fact, I’m pretty sure my response to Priya started off with Wow!

Anyway Priya, thank you for Love Bytes, it is such a great idea. I have loved reading the series. It has been great to be introduced to everyone’s different ideas of Love and a whole lot of new blogs as well. I must also say a big thank you for inviting me to take part.

So, I’m supposed to be writing about what love is to me. It’s a tough question that some of the other Love Bytes have already answered. These answers have been:

Love is what makes the ride worthwhile

Love is the devil

Love is my Life

Love is sharing… even your popcorn


Image by Claire and found on We Heart It.

It seems that everyone has an opinion on what love is. What kind of love are we talking about? Romantic love, the bond of love between a parent and child, sibling love there are many different kinds of love.
I’ve been to a few weddings where a particular passage from the bible is read out. You may have heard it - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. To me this passage is about love in all it’s different forms.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
That’s a lot to live up to. I’m really not sure we do that in our family. For those of you who don’t know me (Drop over to Whining and say hi!), my family consists of Mr E. (my husband), Boy Child (12), Girl Child (7) and me. While we may not live up to those bible verses it is unusual for someone to leave for the day without saying “I love you.” to everyone else. But as actions speak louder than words, here are some examples of the love shown in our house.

Love is: whacking your brother because he did something that annoyed you BUT wanting to have a sleepover in his room because you miss him despite your rooms being next door to each other. Girl Child

Love is: calling your sister a little freak BUT willingly playing with her and cheering her up when she is sad. Boy Child

Love is: being away from your family for work but calling every day to see how we are going and to say goodnight to us. Mr E.

Love is: sharing the chocolate. Me. Note: I have a Will Blog for Chocolate button over at Whining.

As I said earlier, love is expressed verbally in our house but I think it’s the actions that really show it. We may not live up to that passage but we still know that we are loved. So what is love? I dont think I can answer that. It is so many different things to so many people.

What is love to you? What do things others do that make you feel loved?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, cute, cute, cute! Your kids sounds sweet, Mrs E. And you're so right... love really IS sharing the chocolate. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG so true!! I have three kids 14, 9 and 4...one minute they're madly in love...the next they hate each other...and then they fall in love again! kids!! and that MR E. thing calling to find out how you guys are sounds just like my dear husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The content of this post must sound so familiar to all of us who've had children of varying ages in the home! I have two and I smiled as I read your post remembering their squabbles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thansk for reading. I thought perhaps my examples would strike a cord with some readers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the late comment but thanks so much E for being a part of the Love Byte feature and for such a lovely post ..
    I always believe that in love , words and action go hand in hand !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message ..You've just made my day ..you've just made me smile :) :)

Follow Us @soratemplates